EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT - TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE
THE STATE OF TEXAS, COUNTY OF HARRIS
This contract entered into by The Hurd Law Firm, hereinafter referred to as Attorney, and Online Client (YOU), hereinafter referred to as Client.
The Client, having been arrested and/or charged with a traffic offense(s) and being in need of legal advice and counsel, hereby employs The Hurd Law Firm, under the following conditions:
1. Attorney will represent Client by advising and counseling, investigating the law and facts, by preparing for trial and negotiating with the prosecuting attorney, and by conducting the trial for Client if a trial becomes necessary or by negotiating a plea of guilty or nolo contendere if so directed by the Client.
2. Client hereby authorizes Attorney to act as his agent in all matters affecting this case, including, but not limited to, the following: (1) to appear on court in Client’s behalf, (2) to negotiate a proper disposition of this case, (3) to waive Client’s appearance at any proceedings in reference to this case, (4) to request that the trial or setting of this case be postponed and reset, and (5) to waive Client’s rights under the Speedy Trial Act of Texas, when, in Attorney’s sole discretion, Attorney deems such actions proper and in Client’s best interests.
3. That in consideration for Attorney’s representation of Client, Client agrees to pay to attorney a minimum non-refundable retainer legal fee of $50 per violation.
4. It is further understood and agreed to by the parties hereto that the legal fees agreed upon herein are for representation of Client for traffic ticket violations and do not include Attorney’s legal services in any other matter. In the event that representation is required in any other court or regarding any other matter, a new and separate mutually acceptable agreement must be made herein. This agreement does not include legal services or expenses incurred for a retrial of this cause if same becomes necessary. This agreement does not include any post-trial matters such as Motion for New Trial, Notice of Appeal or the Appeal itself, if such should become necessary.
5. It is further understood and agreed that should the case be dismissed or settled in any other manner than by contested trial, no part of the legal fees are to be refunded to the Client. If the Attorney’s services are terminated by Client at any stage of the proceedings, no part of the legal fee shall be refunded by Attorney to Client. If the legal fees are not paid as agreed upon by Client, Attorney may withdraw as Counsel of Record in this cause without reimbursement of any legal fees paid and may cease any further representation immediately. It is understood that all balances due are to be paid in full before any representation begins. It is understood that the attorney may withdraw for any reason.
6. It is further understood and agreed that Attorney has made no promises, assurances or guarantees to Client as to the outcome of this case.
7. Client will advise Attorney in writing of any change of address and/or employment within ten (10) days of the making of such change.
8. Client hereby acknowledges that Client has carefully read this entire agreement, and Client fully understands and agrees to abide by all of the terms, conditions and obligations of this Agreement.
9. This Agreement constitutes the full and complete understandings and agreements, if any, and cannot be changed or terminated orally. All changes or modifications must be in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
Electronic Signature Agreement.
By selecting the "Submit" button after entering your information below, you are signing this Agreement (Employment Contract - Traffic Ticket Defense) electronically. You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this Agreement. By selecting "Submit" after entering your information below, you consent to be legally bound by this Agreement's terms and conditions, (hereafter referred to as "E-Signature"), this E-Signature serves as acceptance and agreement as if actually signed by you in writing. You also agree that no certification authority or other third party verification is necessary to validate your E-Signature and that the lack of such certification or third party verification will not in any way affect the enforceability of your E-Signature or any resulting contract between you and The Hurd Law Firm. You also represent that you are authorized to enter into this Agreement for all persons who own or are authorized to access any of your accounts and that such persons will be bound by the terms of this Agreement. You further agree that each use of your E-Signature in obtaining a Hurd Law Firm service constitutes your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Hurd Law Firm Employment Contract - Traffic Ticket Defense, as they exist on the date of your E-Signature.